Well, I've received permission to make the following announcement. I'll be working with Cincom to upgrade GemKit to VisualWorks 7.8. Here's the current status:
1) We have confirmation of the work request. Work should begin sometime in July.
2) We have permission to fully disclose and share all work and all progress we make with the Smalltalk community.
3) I will document all steps, progress, issues, problems and successes here on my blog:
4) I will publish major versions to the Cincom public Store repository
5) I will setup another public Store repository from Simberon for holding intermediate versions which aren't yet ready for public use but may be of interest to others
6) I will coordinate with anyone involved to merge their changes into my versions and publish them
7) I've setup a mailing list at email@example.com. Send an e-mail to me at firstname.lastname@example.org to add or remove your name from the mailing list.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to e-mail them to me.