It took several tries to get GemKit loaded into 7.8. I learned that:
- You can't load Searchlight before loading GemKit. There's an interaction that causes problems. I'll investigate that later.
- You must turn off Atomic Loading to load GemKit. When Atomic Loading was turned on, I got into an ugly infinite loop that I couldn't interrupt and that allocated memory until it ran out and crashed. It wasn't a pretty picture
I can see already that my challenges in this project will be:
- Getting GemKit working with Atomic Loading
- Resolving the conflict between GemKit and Searchlight
- Adapting GemKit to the new Glorp interface to Store
- Adapting GemKit to the new Store Repository browsing tools. The classes that GemKit used to extend to do this are no longer there.
- Adapting to the newest changes to the merge tool
- Getting Refactorings to work on GemStone code (if this is even possible)